Tuesday 30 September 2008

Evaluation for Bermondsey =)

In this task, I will be writing a review reflecting on my experience about me and the creative and media group walking around BermondseyJacobs Island. I and the others have to investigate the termCapture” and ways of using different methods to describe the meaning. We as a group walked around the area of Bermondsey and focused on a particular place we liked and dislike. We also have to refer it back to historical times when changes happen. We walked down bermondsey heading to Wilson Grove. 200 metres away from college, I have detected some block of houses above some shops and have noticed they were all structured in one. Some buildings and shops like “The barber shop” was built and opened in the early 80s. The font of the shop title and the way it that has been built makes it look old fashioned. As we carried on walking along the Wilson Grove, we managed to interview a person who is currently living in the local area. We were able to ask him about the history of Wilson grove and how the houses were built in that time. He mentioned that the area of Wilson grove houses was originally built 80 years ago, full of food factories. The place is now a residential area where a lot of old people are located, when I looked at the houses, I can see all the houses are structured the same, especially the windows, the people that built these houses want us to clearly know that there was a history to the area. So they originally used the windows from the past and placed it on the new houses. Whilst we carried on walking around the bermondsey wall, I was able to use another method of capturing. I wanted to get some evidence of sound and movement. So I used my phone to do some visual recording of the steps that I walked in and lefted my phone to record the sound of the wind swifting leaves by from the foreground. I stood by the wall and look at the atmosphere. It felt fresh and free. I left my recording to go on and captured moments of the sound of the seagull. I was able to hear the wind swaying across the waves of the river, Engines of the Ships and boats getting ready to departure. The feeling was steadfast and open. I hear the sound of aeroplanes slowing making their way back to earth. I then was able to do more capturing by sketching things I like to see that makes me have a pleasant feeling.

Here is some examples of photography i captured from my experience in Bermondsey.

Here is some examples of Capturing i done for my experience in Bermondsey, i captured by doing some rough sketches when i was standing by the Bermondsey wall.


Whilst i was still standing in the wall, i managed to record the sound of the atmosphere, this is another method i used for "Capturing".

(Still need to convert the files!)

As i was still recording the sound and the movement of the atmosphere i managed to look around the spot i was in and collected some objects to show evidence of my time in Bermondsey wall. I managed to pick up an old Fishing Tod (Steel) and some aluminium foil thing.

No comments: